A. A person is guilty of unlawful bus conduct if while on or in a municipal transit vehicle as defined by RCW 46.04.355 or in or at a municipal transit station and with knowledge that such conduct is prohibited, he or she:
1. Except while in or at a municipal transit station, smokes or carries a lighted or smoldering pipe, cigar, or cigarette; or
2. Discards litter other than in designated receptacles; or
3. Plays any radio, recorder, or other sound-producing equipment except that nothing herein shall prohibit the use of such equipment when connected to earphones that limit the sound to individual listeners or the use of a communication device by an employee of the owner or operator of the municipal transit vehicle or municipal transit station; or
4. Spits or expectorates; or
5. Carries any flammable liquid, explosive, acid, or other article or material likely to cause harm to others except that nothing herein shall prevent a person from carrying a cigarette, cigar, or pipe lighter or carrying a firearm or ammunition in a way that is not otherwise prohibited by law; or
6. Intentionally disturbs others by engaging in loud or unruly behavior.
B. For the purposes of this section, “municipal transit station” means all facilities, structures, lands, interest in lands, air rights over lands, and rights-of-way of all kinds that are owned, leased, held, or used by a public agency for the purpose of providing public transportation services. [Ord. 10439 § 3, 1993; Ord. 10316, 1992].